However for 2015 Peugeot has set an even more ambitious goal: to deliver an average of less than 116 g / km of CO2. To do your engineers working on different fronts: the association of diesel and electricity, represented by HYbrid4 technology; lightening cars in its class and size reduction, a new generation of engines 3 cylinder petrol; Stop & Start and the second-generation e-HDi.
Heat engines and get permanent improvements, like the 1.6 Diesel HDi e-HDi 1.6 and manufactured in modern French factory Trémery in the Moselle region.
New technologies for efficiency
To provide vehicles with emissions and consumption reduced CO2 fuel, diesel engines and 1.6 1.6 HDi e-HDi technology have received new contributions:
- A new oil pump variable flow, which adjusts the engine effort than necessary.
- A new engine oils and gearbox low viscosity, which reduce the mechanical friction losses.
- A crank seals new generation that lower clamping force and thereby friction.
- A pulley of the alternator belt tension redesigned to decrease it.
- A vacuum pump low friction to avoid energy losses
In some versions, these engine evolutions are complemented by an aerodynamic kit (spoiler, lower fairing), and low or ultra-low rolling resistance tires. These elements contribute decisively to optimize the mechanical performance, participating actively in the general reduction of consumption and emissions.
In this way, the new CO2 emissions homologated for Peugeot are the following:
- 208 1.6 e-HDi 92 CV, manual gearbox of 5 gears: 90 g / km and 3.5 l / 100 km
- 308 1.6 e-HDi 112 CV, manual gearbox of 6 gears: 100 g / km and 3,8 l / 100 km
- 508 1.6 e-HDi 115 hp, piloted 6 gears: 104 g / km and 4 l / 100 km (508 SW: 105 g / km, 4l / 100km)
- 508 1.6 115 HDi CV, manual gear box 5: 114 g / km and 4,4 l / 100 km (508 SW: 115 g / km, 4,5 l / 100 km)
- 3008 1.6 115 HDi CV, manual gear box 6: 125 g / km and 4,8 l / 100 km, tires or 16 17''; 127 g / km and 4,9 l / km tires 100 18''
- 5008 1.6 115 HDi hp, piloted 6 marches, 5 places: 119 g / km in 17 and 18''
- 5008 1.6 115 HDi hp, piloted 6 marches, 7 places: 117 g / km in 16''; 126 g / km in 17 and 18 "