Volkswagen presented at the International Exhibition in Shanghai the new Scirocco GTS, a sports car 220 horses, reaching a top speed of 246 km / h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in 6,5 seconds.
The engine of the new Scirocco GTS
The engine of the Scirocco GTS shares genes with the Golf GTI. A turbocharged petrol engine with direct injection, recognized as one of the most agile four- cylinder in the world, capable of reaching 246 km / h either version of manual shifter as an automatic. The consumption of this car is 6,1 l / 100km with manual transmission and 6,4l / 100km for the automatic version.
The exterior of the Scirocco GTS
The exterior of the Scirocco GTS differs by including standard R-Line package, which includes R style bumpers (front integrated fog lights and radiator grilles and air intakes glossy black), custom extensions side flaps, a roof spoiler and diffuser.
The mirror housings are painted black and, like its predecessor, the Scirocco GTS 82, the new model can be ordered with a special vinyl GTS model, which consists of two decorative stripes running through the hood, roof and the trunk of the vehicle.
Another detail that includes the Scirocco GTS GTS 3D are logos on the radiator grille and the tailgate. The Scirocco GTS 6 be available in colors: black, two shades of gray, two-tone white and red onyx.
In addition, the Scirocco GTS series lead wheels "Norwich" from 18 "and offer the popular" Lugano "of 19" as optional. In both options, red brake calipers Scirocco GTS will be in sight.
Inside the Scirocco GTS
Inside the Scirocco GTS is customizable and is dominated by black and red. Customization options include:
- Decorative inlays on the center console and instrument panel
- Including GTS badges on the body
- Sport steering wheel with red stitching
- Stainless steel pedals
- Seats coated with a new material (with the GTS logo on the upper back) and red decorative stitches.
- The GTS package also includes the legendary golf ball as shifter
- Piano Black lacquered details like vent outlet or handles for opening the door
- The contrast is achieved by red stitching for belts, brake lever, the bellows of the shifter, center armrest, and mats.
Entertainment Matrix Module (MIB II)
The infotainment system "color composition" is standard and is available for the first time in the Scirocco. This is the second generation of infotainment Matrix module in this type of sport utility vehicles.
Optionally, the Scirocco GTS can be ordered with black leather upholstery Vienna. In this option, the seats also include decorative stitching in red. In addition, Volkswagen also offers features such as panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon headlamps, multifunction steering wheel and new navigation systems (MIB II).
Volkswagen has presented the new Caddy Maxi generation at the Geneva International Motor Show. This new version of the minivan, has a wheelbase 32 cm longer than the normal version, two rows of seats in the passenger compartment and a cargo volume of 530 liters.
Cargo space of the Volkswagen Caddy Maxi
El Caddy Maxi has a modular cargo space. Thus, 530 liters of cargo can be expanded quickly. The The back of the bench in the third row can be folded down, like the one in the second row that can be tilted forward. In addition, if necessary, you can even remove both rows of seats.
When the third row seats removed, the cargo volume increases to 1.350 liters, as also ignores the second row, the capacity grows to 3.700. In total, the Caddy Maxi offers 848 liters of cargo space than the small Caddy with rows of seats removed. Yes, we must take into account the maximum payload that can carry this van, which is 1.005 kg.
Motorization of Volkswagen Caddy Maxi
The basis of the three TDI diesel versions of the Caddy Maxi is a two-liter four-cylinder engine with a power that goes from the 102 150 CV CV. For gasoline engines, there are two to choose from: the TSI 1.0 102 three-cylinder horsepower, and 1.4 TSI four-cylinder 125 CV.
Safety and comfort characteristics of Volkswagen Caddy Maxi
The new Caddy has new safety and comfort features. Among them:
- The emergency braking system in town: if the driver does not see an obstacle within 30 km / h, the system activates automatically brakes and in the ideal case, avoid any collision.
- In versions for passengers, for example, the new Caddy is also equipped with side and curtain airbags.
- Multicolisión brake system, which, after a collision, automatically activates the brakes if the driver is no longer in a position to intervene.
- Systems 'Light Assist'
- System 'Driver Alert'. The latter recognizes any anomaly in the normal driver behavior and recommends you take a break when it seems necessary.
- Heated windshield, which helps ensure good vision permanently.
- Optional Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), which speeds between 0 and 160 km / h (DSG) or between 30 and 160 km / h is activated (with manual transmission), a radar sensor monitors the distance and speed relative to the vehicles ahead.
- In combination with the DSG, the ACC system can also slow the vehicle, for example in queues and traffic jams to stop it altogether. In combination with radios Colour and Composition Composition Media, and also with the radio navigation system Discover Media, customers can order a reversing camera.
- The 'Park Assist' optional system allows automatic parallel parking and park at perpendicular angles to the road, a particularly practical choice for messaging services.
Volkswagen launches the XL Sport prototype. A car developed on the basis of the XL1 model - the most efficient car in the world with a speed of 270 km / h - and the new Ducati 1199 Superleggera - the most powerful two-cylinder motorcycle in the world. The Volkswagen XL Sport is, therefore, the fruit of the synergies developed by the Volkswagen and Ducati brands.
Volkswagen launches the Amarok Highline, the highest version of its model range pick up. What does this mean? That for a reasonable price, Volkswagen has joined the standard equipment, more comfort and functional elements that are usually optional.
Finally, electric vehicles Volkswagen e-up! and e-Golf are now on sale in Spain. The price? 20.400 € for the small E-Up! 29.000 € and for the E-Golf, provided the government support for the purchase of electric vehicles apply.
The Volkswagen Golf R 400 prototype has recently been introduced. It is a powerful car with 400 CV power (294 kW), as the name suggests, which accelerates from 0 to 100 in 3,9 seconds. The maximum speed of the Golf R 400 is 280 km / h (electronically regulated), as long as it runs on a German motorway or a race track.
Volkswagen presented at the Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, held from September 10 22 to two new electric vehicles: e-up! and e-Courses.
The new Volkswagen Golf R equips a hp TSI engine 300Which is more powerful 30 CV, but at the same time to a 18% more fuel efficient than its predecessor. The new version of the Golf R also has a system of permanent four-wheel drive, in this case, is the latest generation of 4MOTION system a fifth generation Haldex clutch.
Volkswagen launches two new versions of its pick-up: the Amarok Amarok Single Cab and Canyon. With these two new features, Volkswagen adjusts and optimizes its equipment to suit most users.