spanish Arabic Chinese (Simplified) croatian Czech Dutch English French German greek Hindi hungarian indonesian italian japanese Korean polish portuguese Romanian russian Swedish

* Note to users who do not speak Spanish. This website is only allowed to write in English or Spanish, messages in other languages ​​will be deleted.

Rover burns coil

More
2 6 days prior months #53384 by ranacult
Rover burns coil Posted by ranacult
Hello friends, I'm having problems with a rover which has a pulse on the injectors but has no spark. it is more the coil heats too much and when controlling the feeding of the same one it arrives the tension to him of the battery and in the one of permanently negative pulse and I think that is for it that it does not generate spark and heats the coil, I would appreciate if somebody could guide me.

Please Login o Create Account to join the conversation.

More
2 6 days prior months #53386 by marcorvett
Answer of marcorvett about the topic Rover burns coil
hello, you do not say what year the rover is, but it's usually ckp sensor (crankshaft position sensor) it takes the spark signal to the computer (cpu) and from this the signal goes to the ignition coil, check the circuit's involved, most likely it is cut to negative.
greetings.
The following user said thanks: ranacult

More
2 3 days prior months #53393 by Marzelote
Answer of Marzelote about the topic Rover burns coil
Do the checks Marcorvett points out, if that is correct, what can be checked is the coil, these usually get hot especially if the contact remains in ignition (dash lights on), it should not be heated excessively. a component test with multitester checking the resistance of the Primary coil 0.6 ohm and secondary 17 ohm, are referenced values ​​extracted from chevy corsa, but should be close to these values.
The coils are also heated when the wiring and / or spark plugs have too much resistance, this causes the charging time of the primary to rise and generate temperature.
Test with spark plugs without resistance something like Champion 9yc, but first check as it says in the post at the beginning of the CKP.
Luck
The following user said thanks: ranacult

More
1 3 weeks prior month #53419 by ranacult
Answer of ranacult about the topic Rover burns coil
Thank you for responding, I have done what you told me, but my question is because I have negative permanently? I disconnect the ecu and there is no earth therefore there is no short in the wiring so I have come to the conclusion that the problem is the ecu, if you have another idea I would appreciate it, the rover is 99 416 yes.

Search MDM

Groups shared manuals

210 MANUALS

127 MANUALS

136 MANUALS

64 MANUALS

MDM Activities

mariano peguero farjas y 19545 other you have joined the group Car Workshop Manuals 8 hours 33 minutes
Andres Santini likes a Discussion 9 hours 2 minutes
Parionna Qpñariona y 6613 other you have joined the group Workshop Manuals Heavy Vehicle 10 hours 14 minutes

Cookies on this site are used to personalize content and ads, to provide social networking features and analyze traffic. We also share information about your use of the website with our partners social networking, advertising and web analytics who can combine it with other information provided to them or they have gathered from the use made of its services. To change the settings or more information click on the "More Info".