Español Arabic Chinese (Simplified) croatian Czech Dutch English French German greek Hindi hungarian indonesian italian Japanese Korean polish portuguese Romanian russian Swedish

* Note to users who do not speak Spanish. This website is only allowed to write in English or Spanish, messages in other languages ​​will be deleted.

ford focus stays in 2 cylinders

More
6 1 months prior week #53767 by  huelva
Hi, I'm reviewing a Ford Focus and I have not finished diagnosing it.
the problem is that it remains in 2 cylinders (2y3 work) to those who do not work, they get a spark despite that, and changed the coil, fuel pump, wires and spark plugs
I do not know what to look.
The cylinders that do not work (1 and 4) do not reach gasoline.
I hope help and thanks in advance to all

Please Login o Create Account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks before - 2 months 3 weeks before #53845 by  martin201
Answer of martin201 about the topic ford focus stays in 2 cylinders
Focus has a waste spark ignition system with two coil packs. Cylinders 1 and 4 share a coil pack, as cylinders 2 and 3 do. A problem can be a coil pack and cause misfire problems with both cylinders it services. for more details, you may check this video
Justin peters explained about this problem. hope it will help.
Last Edition: 2 months 3 weeks before by aitortxu.

More
1 4 weeks prior month #53873 by  Carande
Answer of Carande about the topic ford focus stays in 2 cylinders
Change the 2,3 injectors to 1,4. If it remains the same, check wiring from iny. 1 and 4 up to the ecu, and if the wiring is fine then probable failure in the ecu

More
1 6 days prior month #53907 by  Trejo380
Answer of Trejo380 about the topic ford focus stays in 2 cylinders
It is possible that the injectors of these two cylinders are damaged, badly connected or short cables, you can check with a scanner the operation of the cylinders and possible system failures.

Search MDM

Groups shared manuals

210 MANUALS

133 MANUALS

138 MANUALS

64 MANUALS

Cookies on this site are used to personalize content and ads, to provide social networking features and analyze traffic. We also share information about your use of the website with our partners social networking, advertising and web analytics who can combine it with other information provided to them or they have gathered from the use made of its services. To change the settings or more information click on the "More Info".